Volunteers make the work of The Kidney TRUST possible. The success of the TRUST’s chronic kidney disease (CKD) screening program depends on their time and talents. The TRUST will provide the necessary orientation and training to perform volunteer roles, which are described below.
Greeting attendees and talking with them about CKD, the screening process, and The Kidney TRUST. Assisting attendees in completing the Participant Questionnaire and ensuring they are screened in order of registration.
- CKD Education
Explaining screening results to event attendees and educating them about recommended actions based on their results. Raising awareness about kidney disease risk factors and steps they can take to protect their kidney health.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time and lift up to 25 lbs
- Be able to pay attention-to-detail, follow-through, and apply problem solving skills
- Possess strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Enjoy working as a member of a team
CKD Education Volunteer
- Healthcare background desired, but will train the right individual
- Enjoy one-on-one education delivery